Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Merry Christmas love the Nerdins

BLESSED WITH HIS LIGHT!!! We are so grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ. I am so grateful that Christmas is all about his birth. I was reading in the Ensign today and all I could think about was how Trevor calls me the light monster. Every time I walk into the room I turn on a light. Being 21 years old almost 22 I am terrified of the dark even worse being alone in the dark!! In the First Presidency message President Erying talks about how during Christmas it is easier to see the light of Christ."We remember at Christmastime not only the light that announced the birth of our Savior but the light that comes form Him." He reminds us of the the star that shown so bright on the night of our Saviors birth, that was seen on the Northern and Western Hemisphere. He then goes on to tell about the first vision and reiterates the words of Joesph Smith and the light he saw coming from the Savior and our Heavenly Father. He then reminds us that the light will be vi sable in our Heavenly home and how it will brought joy then. He then reminds us that in this life we have been blessed with a part of the wonderful experience by having one of the greatest gifts of all the light of Christ in our lives. Being scared of the dark and turning on the lights whenever I enter the room may be a childish thing and may be thought of as silly. Though it is a different light then what President Erying is talking about I think that by turning on the lights I feel comfort and feel that I am safe just as I did when I lived in Heaven. During this Christmas season I hope that we can all remember to share the gift the has been so gracefully given to us and remind others that they to can have the light of Christ in their life. I am so grateful for the gospel in my life and the love that my savior has for me. I am grateful for this season and for the joy it brings to my heart to give gifts! I love you all and hope the this season will be one that you will remember.

In the name of Jesus Christ Amen
Candi and Trev

2 comments: